Saturday, June 7, 2008

Race Day

Premier Prekrasne Primal Enchantment aka Bogie
Photo by Blue Sky Photography
Bogie is owned by Tracy Pitre Ontario, Canada
Today was the Belmont Stakes so I joined my family in watching the race in hopes of the first Triple Crown in 30 years. This was certainly no big race in my mind after having watched Alydar and Affirmed when I was a child and Seattle Slew before him but it was still exciting thinking we might finally have one again. Sadly, it didn't work out that way. In any event, I had a great time watching my 4 year old nephew and his cousins run around like crazy while pretending to be pirates.

Darius and Delilah wrestle while brother Danil (Harley) watches.

Darius and Delilah will be joining Mystic Melody in late July while Harley will be joining Nancy and George in Tampa, FL.

Aside from going to watch the race, I spent today doing the normal level of household chores you'd imagine in a house with cats and kittens as well as 2 dogs . Its a never ending job. Now that Baialyn and Esenia are cozied up together tending to babies it is time to get Candy her own space to nest for her impending due date. She and Katharine are both mom's to be although Candy is due first. I'm pretty excited since this is the first litter for Candy with a male other than Godomir and it is Katherina's first litter - period.

As much as I'm looking forward to both of these litters I'm really looking forward to seeing what we get when our boy Mumbai eventually sires a litter. We get a lot of brown tabbies here and I love them - warm brown is probably my favorite - but its nice to get some variety now and again just to break up the monotony.

Prekrasne Darius at 6 1/2 weeks. What a boy!




No comments: