Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update

Many folks are already aware, but for all the people who have tried to contact me regarding upcoming litters and other things here is the update. I have been out of town for quite some time. July 1st my father passed away (that's dad with me, my older sister in the back and my dog) after a sharp decline in his health in June. We received the call and I literally ran out the door to catch a plane and head home to be with him when he needed us.

This has been a very hard time for us as you can imagine especially because both my brother and I live in Arizona while Dad lived in Iowa and despite the distance we were always close perhaps even more so since our mom passed away 7 years ago.

I am happy to say we made it back in time to spend a couple good quality days with him before he began really slipping away. Even though it has been only a week and his funeral ways just Tuesday, I already miss him terribly but as with many things life does keep chugging away.

To those of you who extended your thoughts and prayers during this time it was greatly appreciated and it helped. I couldn't have dashed off without the help of some great friends who jumped in to take care of my furry guys.


No comments: